If your like me and you love reading self-help books that change your freakin’ life, you are going to love my list of Top 5 books this month!
Books that make you go Hmmmm….Do you guys remember this awesome C+C Music Factory 90’s song? Reference here just in case haha. I digress, but what I mean by hmmmm is ponder, think, wonder, evaluate..things that make you question what and how you are doing things. All of these books include tips and tools to have a happy, healthier, and more balanced life and will expand your mind. They are all books that have made a huge impact on me and my life! I like to listen to some books in the car so there are the CD versions for most of them in amazon as well! I hope that if you haven’t already, you check them out and I hope they make as much of an impact as they did on me on you!
I will be sharing often new books I love and some info on why I love them and a lil review by me!
1. The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book), Don Miguel Ruiz– This is one of my favorite books and a book that I love to give to people as a gift as well! It is a great “intro to self-help/spirituality” kind of book but also one that you can re-read and get more out of every time! I guarantee if you follow these four agreements your life will seriously be AMAZING and you will be much happier.
BLURB: “Rooted in traditional Toltec wisdom beliefs, four agreements in life are essential steps on the path to personal freedom. As beliefs are transformed through maintaining these agreements, shamanic teacher and healer don Miguel Ruiz asserts lives will “become filled with grace, peace, and unconditional love.”
2.The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
– I read this book so fast and absolutely loved it! It is a story that has so many lessons and makes you realize the true pupose of life while being a really cool story! It makes me want to travel and experience more of life. It inspired me to remember how important the journey of evolving and working to have balance and peace within ourselves is!
BLURB: “Paulo Coelho’s enchanting novel has inspired a devoted following around the world. What starts out as a journey to find worldly goods turns into a discovery of the treasure found within. Lush, evocative, and deeply humane, the story of Santiago is an eternal testament to the transforming power of our dreams and the importance of listening to our hearts.
3. Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles, Gabrielle Bernstein– I read this book while travling in Belize and literally couldn’t put it down! I related to her story so much and it is really awesome to hear how she got to the place she is. Gabby is a HUGE inspiration for me and she is a great example of someone who has a truly balanced life! If you don’t follow her you should- check her out, she is amazing and I took her Spirit Junkie Masterclass in NY in June and was so inspired!
BLURB: “How does a New York City publicist and party girl turn into a go to guide for the next generation? In her new book, Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles, Gabrielle Bernstein shares the story of how she transformed her life, offering her spiritual journey as a guidebook for overcoming fear, changing perceptions, and creating a life you’re psyched to wake up for. Bernstein has traded self-doubt and addiction for a new kind of high.”
4. A Return to Love, Marianne Williamson– This book is such an eye opener about how you can infuse love into all areas of your life and let go of fear! Marianne is a thought leader and an incredible teacher of the Course in Miracles (which I’ll talk more about). FYI- She uses the word GOD in the book so if you have any pre-disposed ideas of religion and the word god doesn’t feel comfortable just replace it with “LOVE or the Universe.”
BLURB: “Back by popular demand — and newly updated by the author — the mega-bestselling spiritual guide in which Marianne Williamson shares her reflections on A Course in Miracles and her insights on the application of love in the search for inner peace.”
5. A New Earth – Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose, Ekhart Tolle– Ekhart Tolle is an an incredible genius and this book was a life changer for me! It can get really in depth and intense so sometimes I had to re-read parts of it, but once you grasp the truth and concepts he discusses it is gold! All his other books are great too.
BLURB: “With his bestselling spiritual guide “The Power of Now,” Eckhart Tolle inspired millions of readers to discover the freedom and joy of a life lived ?in the now. In “A New Earth,” Tolle expands on these powerful ideas to show how transcending our ego-based state of consciousness is not only essential to personal happiness, but also the key to ending conflict and suffering throughout the world.”
Full disclosure- I do receive a small commission percentage for everything that is purchased through my amazon links to help make by blog profitable, so if you like this free content and want to purchase through my links that would be amaze-balls!